Monday, May 11, 2009

End of an era


Well it is finally happening. Van Nuys Harley Davidson is closing it's doors this month. I think it's the last connection to the hey day of Van Nuys Bl Cruising. I bought a couple of bikes there over the years and it's kinda sad to see a smaller shop close up to make way for a mega HD store. Van Nuys HD is moving north and will be Santa Clarita HD. It will be big and freeway accessible just like the Motor Company likes. Bet they will still be out of any part I may need.

3 comments:

Chris K said...

Time moves on. Stopped by an H-D dealer I use to like to visit the other day. Felt like a stranger in a strange land.

Anonymous said...

I used to live a couple of blocks away from Van Nuys Harley in the early seventies. They always had the parts I needed for my 66 shovel (used CHP bike). I always thought the pan side hack with the flatbed for picking up broke down bikes was pretty cool. Just push it up the ramp, tie it down and ride away.

dalebfast said...

Ya, they may be out of the part you need, but hey, they can order it for you...