Monday, January 19, 2009

To fender or not to fender, that is the question




Ok so I put the Flattie on a diet this weekend. I took off the front fender for fun. when I built this bike it was my only ride and I had been caught in the rain one too many times for my liking, so I built it with a bobbed front fender. Now it's not my only ride and I thought I sporten it up a little. What do you guys think? Too much? I also added my new taillight. A bit pricey, but it's what I always wanted to build the bike with so I'm happy. A bit of a side note, Jeff I heard about what was in the back of your truck and I must say I am please to see you've come around! ha ha. If Jay says it is so, it is so.

9 comments:

CycleDelicCycles said...

looks good, no fender, and the TL is sweet!

southsiders M.C. said...

looks better without, more "Bobbed" !

vince

Anonymous said...

Dude, It doesn't get any better. That's a bobjob! Oh, remember bobbers are for fishing. Rich

DAL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DAL said...

You have a good looking machine, Flathead Jedd. I like the new tail light. I like the fenderless look up front too.

Richie said...

That bike always looks great but..umm....I kinda liked the fender better.

LUCKY said...

Dig it 100% Jedd thats a bobjob, now my off topic question, can a sportster be a bobber?

Martin from Sweden said...

Love your flatty! I'm thinking of getting one myself. How is yours for long trips? Can you push it to highway speed witohout risking to damage it?

BR//Martin

PS. Love your blogg!

Flathead Jedd said...

Martin I can cruise comfortably at 70 mph. She goes faster, but 70 to 75 for a sustained amount of time feels good.