Monday, January 19, 2009

To fender or not to fender, that is the question




Ok so I put the Flattie on a diet this weekend. I took off the front fender for fun. when I built this bike it was my only ride and I had been caught in the rain one too many times for my liking, so I built it with a bobbed front fender. Now it's not my only ride and I thought I sporten it up a little. What do you guys think? Too much? I also added my new taillight. A bit pricey, but it's what I always wanted to build the bike with so I'm happy. A bit of a side note, Jeff I heard about what was in the back of your truck and I must say I am please to see you've come around! ha ha. If Jay says it is so, it is so.

9 comments:

CycleDelicCycles said...

looks good, no fender, and the TL is sweet!

vincent prat said...

looks better without, more "Bobbed" !

vince

Anonymous said...

Dude, It doesn't get any better. That's a bobjob! Oh, remember bobbers are for fishing. Rich

DAL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DAL said...

You have a good looking machine, Flathead Jedd. I like the new tail light. I like the fenderless look up front too.

Richie said...

That bike always looks great but..umm....I kinda liked the fender better.

LUCKY said...

Dig it 100% Jedd thats a bobjob, now my off topic question, can a sportster be a bobber?

Anonymous said...

Love your flatty! I'm thinking of getting one myself. How is yours for long trips? Can you push it to highway speed witohout risking to damage it?

BR//Martin

PS. Love your blogg!

Flathead Jedd said...

Martin I can cruise comfortably at 70 mph. She goes faster, but 70 to 75 for a sustained amount of time feels good.